If you are involved in any kind of construction project then it is not only essential to know about design and various processes of construction, but you should also know how to manage them well.
Usually construction project management is a special kind of management method, which is slightly different from other methods applied in various corporate sector or businesses. In any construction project, the organization will cease after the mission is achieved. Following are the main attributes of any project management.
- In case of construction project management, you must know how should you direct and coordinate your manpower, material and the construction process by using various modern techniques of management to fulfill your objectives within predetermined time, cost and quality.
- In comparison with any industrial or corporate management, project management is much broader in outlook and there is greater continuity of operation. There are number of similarities as well as differences between general management technique and project management.
- In case of project management you need to specify your objectives at the beginning of the project, which includes your budget, scope, project scheduling, manpower selection and their specific role/responsibilities and final outcome of the project.
- Efficient use of various resources like manpower, material and various construction equipments to complete your project within your schedule and plan.
- Coordination and control of various operations to implement various activities like design, plan, estimation and various construction processes.
- Creating proper communication channels to resolve problems/disputes of various people involved in the project.