If you are applying for your first job as a corporate communication principal, you need to bear in mind that this more than your average PR job. A corporate communication job involves more responsibilities and a larger knowledge about all your stakeholders and business partners. However, corporate communications jobs Dubai based pay well and there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow inside a big, multinational company. Take this as a journey towards your personal development and bear in mind the following tips:
Spend time to make new relationships
Public relations make more than 80% of an Arab international business portfolio and it is said there is no better business entertainer than an Arab. So why not take advantage of the sunny Dubai and start making your own relationships? Walk around the company and try to make as many acquaintances as you can. It is said that a good PR person will spend 80% of his or her time finding new people to talk to every day, while the rest of the 20% of the time will spent in front of the desk, completing reports, establishing meetings and answering emails.
Groom your new relationships
In the PR world it is not only important to establish new contacts, but to maintain them as well. Thus, once you established the relationships you wanted make sure you entertain them with courtesy calls and visits at least once every two weeks. Establish a PR calendar and write down all the visits that need to be done within a month. Search for new entertainment methods for your partners, especially if they are not originated from Dubai.